Monday, May 12, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

 Mentorship Log  65 hours

My mentor's name is Vanessa Gomez, an instructor at Bikram Yoga Rancho Cucamonga

The most important thing that I have gained from my this experience is how to run a small business.  It's completely unrelated to my topic but Vanessa had me do a lot of desk work like data entory.  We did a lot of behind the scenes type things like inventory that doesn't come to mind when yoga is mentioned.
 From the practice, the most important think was I got back into shape.  After my shoulder injury I had been too sedentary, but now I'm in good condition to resume my karate training.

My mentor and interviewees helped put my on the right track for answering my essential questions.  They would mention something interesting to me that I would later research online. As well as my mentor would email me articles she thought were interesting.  ESA taught me how to research the right way and from there I chose my answers based on information that was consistent throughout multiple sources.   

No comments:

Post a Comment